Last updated – February 12, 2019
- What data we collect, and why we collect it
- How we use that data
- How we protect that data
- How you can control your data, including accessing, updating and deleting what we store
- How we share data collected
Data We Collect & Share:
K&H may collect or record basic personal data (e.g., name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number) which you voluntarily provide through forms on our Site, through social media, subscription to our email alerts, electronic mail you send to us, or through other means of communication between you and K&H.
K&H only collects personal data of a more sensitive nature (e.g. social security or other governmental ID numbers, credit card details and account numbers) where it is appropriate or necessary for conducting business. This data will be collected, stored, accessed and processed in a secure manner. K&H may also collect general non-personal data pertaining to users of our sites, including IP addresses, source domain names, specific web pages, length of time spent, and pages accessed. This data is collected, among other things, to aggregate statistical data, facilitate system administration and improve the Site.
K&H also collects, uses, and discloses identifiable data about individual contacts for K&H's customers (“Business Contact Data”) in the ordinary course of its business for managing and maintaining customer relationships. In particular, K&H may obtain the following types of Business Contact data: name, address, invoice data including bank account data, and order data. Unless otherwise specified or prohibited, K&H may share data with affiliates, business partners, service providers, subsidiaries or contractors who are required to provide you with services which you have requested from us.
K&H may also post links to third party websites as a service to you. These third party websites are operated by companies that are outside of our control, and your activities at those third party websites will be governed by the policies and practices of those third parties. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third parties before disclosing any data, as we are not responsible for the privacy policies of those websites.
K&H Employee Information:
With regard to K&H employee data, K&H collects employee data only for legitimate business purposes, including:
- Carrying out obligations under employment contracts and employment, tax and benefits laws, and in connection with other working relationships or arrangements
- Employee communications, including development and training programs
- Maintaining an employee directory
HR activity including:
- Managing employee compensation and performance
- Managing employee hiring (including background checks, references checks) and employee terminations
- Voluntarily obtaining employee personal data about family members, including emergency points of contact
- Employee information on health, performance evaluations and other sensitive employee matters, whether it is stored manually or electronically, is accessible by other K&H employees only if necessary with respect to legitimate human resource functions or issues. Additionally, employee personal/family information is never sold, leased, or rented to any third party. K&H will obtain affirmative consent from an employee before using such employee's personal data for any purpose other than described above.
Employee personal data will never be disclosed to third parties except as follows:
- To those retained by K&H as agents for the purposes of providing requested services to K&H
- Where required pursuant to an applicable law, governmental or judicial order, law or regulation, or to protect the rights or property of K&H
- Where the employee voluntarily provides personal data and the context makes it clear that such data will be provided to a third party.
- Where human resource data is transferred from the EU to the US in the context of the employment relationship, K&H will cooperate in investigations by and to comply with the advice of the appropriate EU authorities.
How We Use Data:
K&H uses the data we collect to provide you with services which you request and to improve our existing services and the content of our Site. When you contact K&H, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues that you might be facing. Depending on the country in which you live, work or access our Site(s), your data may be retained for a reasonable time for use in future contact with you, or for future improvements to K&H services. In the event the data you provide to us is an application for employment, that application will be held in accordance with our HR records management policy. You have the option to opt-out or opt-in for further communications from K&H.
K&H may also use or disclose your personal data when K&H believes, in good faith, that such use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to (i) comply with law, (ii) enforce or apply the terms of any of our user agreements, or (iii) protect the rights, property or safety of K&H, K&H users, or others. K&H reserves the right to transfer and disclose your data if K&H becomes involved in a business divestiture, change of control, sale, merger, or acquisition of all or a part of its business.
Cookies are a technology that can be used to help personalize your use of a website. A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it or decline at any time. To enable K&H to access the effectiveness and usefulness of this Site, and to give you the best user experience, we collect and store data on pages viewed by you, your domain names and similar data. Our Site makes use of anonymous cookies for the purposes of:
Completion and Support of Site Activity;
Site and system administration;
Research and development;
Anonymous user analysis, user profiling, and decision-making.
In addition, in certain external facing K&H applications, you can accept or decline the use of 3rd party cookies based on your personal preferences.
The security of your personal data is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
K&H uses reasonable measures to safeguard personally identifiable data, which measures are appropriate to the type of data maintained, and follows applicable laws regarding safeguarding any such data under our control. In addition, in some areas of our Sites, K&H may use encryption technology to enhance data privacy and help prevent loss, misuse, or alteration of the data under K&H's control. K&H also employs industry-standard measures and processes for detecting and responding to inappropriate attempts to breach our systems.
Monitoring and Enforcement:
K&H adheres to US regulations:
K&H takes appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard personal data against unauthorized or unlawful processing of, or accidental loss, damage, misuse, unauthorized access, unauthorized disclosure, unauthorized alteration, or destruction, and maintains reasonable procedures to help ensure that such information is relevant for its intended use, accurate, complete, current and not excessive and that such information is not retained longer than is reasonably necessary.
With respect to personal data received or transferred, K&H is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the United States Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, K&H may disclose personal data as necessary in connection with the sale or transfer of all or part of its business, where required or permitted by law, where K&H believes that such disclosures are appropriate in connection with a law enforcement request or as otherwise permitted, or in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities or suspected fraud or in order to comply with, enforce or apply K&H agreements.
K&H commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal data at no cost to the individual. Individuals with inquires or complaints regarding our policy should contact the K&H point of contact - IT Governance Director - at InformationSecurity@KHPrint.com. K&H will respond to your inquiry within 45 days.
In the event of a reported complaint that K&H does not resolve itself, K&H commits to cooperate with the United States Federal Trade Commission and comply with the advice given by the with regard to human resource and non-human resource data.
Data Processor Activities:
K&H operates as a data processor for our business customers located in the US, and other geographic locations worldwide. K&H's business customers remain the data controllers with respect to any Customer data that they provide to K&H for our provision of services. K&H therefore acts in accordance with the instructions of such customers regarding the collection, processing, storage, deletion and transfer of Customer data, as well as other matters such as the provision of access to and rectification of this Customer data.
Children's Online Privacy Protection - COPPA:
K&H does not sell its services to children. As such, our Sites are designed for adult user interaction. We do not intentionally collect personally identifiable data from children under the age of 13.
Accessing and Updating Your Personal Data:
If you have provided K&H with your personal data you have various rights:
- (in certain circumstances) to erasure of personal data (and to therefore be forgotten);
- to data portability;
- to launch a complaint with the office of the Information Commissioner;
- to inspect the data stored by K&H for accuracy;
- to have the option to opt-out or opt-in for further communications from K&H
- via Subject Access Request, to know whether or not we are processing your personal data, the nature of that personal data and the purposes of the processing.
Where the above does not apply to you, you may have the right to inspect the data stored by us for accuracy, or may request that the data be removed from our files. K&H will make a reasonable effort to comply with such requests except where it would require a disproportionate effort (for example developing a new system or changing an existing practice). We may require that you verify your identity before we act on a request to edit or remove your data. Please direct any questions about your data to K&H by sending on inquiry to the appropriate contact in the “Contacting K&H” section below.